PMP, which stands for Project Management Professional, is not only reputed but extremely challenging project management certification. However, this time-consuming endeavor is entirely justified because once you achieve PMP, then it will open doors of opportunities for you. Undoubtedly, PMP Certification is a widely accepted and globally recognized course due to which many professionals are seeking to get this opportunity. Once the project manager obtains PMP Certification, the next question arises on how they can let others know they have PMP status.
There are around 1,000,000 project managers certified with PMP certification across the globe. The reasons why project managers consider putting “PMP” after their names are easy to identify with as newly qualified PMP wants everyone to acknowledge their efforts and hard work. It is not easy for project managers to achieve PMP, and they have to advance professional skills, knowledge, and give proper time to learn new concepts. However, if you want to put PMP after your name, then you have first to clear out the PMP exam.
PMP (Project Management Professional) exam
PMP exam is of two types, and the professionals can select whether they want to give a paper-based exam or computer-based. The fee of paper-based is quite less as compared to computer-based. You will get the result immediately after finishing the exam if it is computer-based.
PMP is an industry-recognized course for project managers working in the field of project management. If you achieve PMP, then you not only get a reputation but high salary prospects as well. Due to the increased demand and popularity of PMP qualified professionals, the exam fee of PMP Certification is high. The fee of achieving the PMP Certification exam varies as:
- Non-PMI members- $555
- PMI members- $405
- Renewal of PMP Certification- $375
- Re-attempt of PMP Certification- $275
However, if you are done with your PMP Certification course, then you will be eligible to give the PMP exam after the approval of PMI (Project Management Institution). Once PMI approves your PMP application, then the eligibility criteria begin to give PMP exam. You can provide a PMP exam up to three times within one year. If you are not able to clear the PMP exam in the first attempt, then you will get a discount in the other two attempts.
How to prepare for the PMP Certification exam?
PMP is a highly reputable certification for project managers who want to lead the projects ideally. However, for getting PMP Certification, you have first to clear the PMP exam, and to apply for the PMP exam, you need to take proper training from the educator. Undoubtedly, the PMP exam is tough as there is much material to absorb in the field of project management, and hence you require preparation for many months. With the perfect combination of efforts and efficient guidance, you can master the PMP Certification exam easily.
- Before you start preparing for the PMP exam, you need to do in-depth research and make a list of critical questions that you need to answer. By becoming a dedicated researcher, you can enhance your knowledge and learning skills.
- PMBOK Guide is the Project Management Body of Knowledge in which you can go through all the headings, charts, and graphs. You can quickly learn crucial concepts so that you become capable of arranging all the required information in a systematic order in your mind.
- The project managers need to go through previous PMP examination questions and sample paper. It will boost up your ability to figure out study goals and learning skills in real-life scenarios.
- The professionals can collect useful preparation material from the PMP textbook. By collecting effective material, you can prepare for the PMP exam with hard questions.
- It is essential to go through with the difficulty level of the PMP Certification exam. By practicing various questions will not only improve your calculation speed, but you can solve critical questions with confidence.
How to add PMP after your name?
As PMP is a highly reputed professional credential, it is evident that all PMP qualified professionals would want the whole world to know about their achievement. Many people go through their social profiles and put the title “PMP” after their names. You can incorporate the title of “PMP” into your business cards, letterheads, and even as email signatures.
- If you want to highlight your project management skills and market yourself, then put the PMP title on your resume.
- You can add PMP as the signature line in your email address. Even it is beneficial to include it as an embedded hyperlink to the Linkedin page.
- The project managers can put PMP with usernames on different websites like Twitter, Linkedin, and message boards.
Even if you are not an experienced project manager, then also you can apply for PMP Certification. The qualification of PMP Certification tells the world about your hard work and knowledge in the field of project management. You can add more value to your career after qualifying PMP. Earning PMP certification is like a lifetime investment that you can make. Moreover, you can get real-world project management experience by achieving PMP, which is a part of branding yourself.
Exclusive benefits of achieving PMP Certification
Once the professionals clear the PMP exam, then it informs that they will get PMP Certification. PMP, which is a worldwide credential and standardized form of reputation, enhance job opportunities for PMP qualified project managers. That is why; once the professional qualify PMP Certification, they can use the title “PMP” after their names. PMP as a title after your name, will show your class with humility, and you can attract the attention of other professionals. After putting PMP after your name, you will make your superiors attribute their praise towards your hard work and efforts instead of title. Along with it, you can get the following benefits after achieving PMP certification:
- You will get higher chances of being considered for a better job in the field of project management after getting PMP Certification.
- The professionals will analyze the project cost-effectively and show the best practices for managing business projects.
- The project managers can become capable of handling their job correctly after becoming a member of PMP Certification holders. Moreover, the professionals want to receive attention as well as respect from other members and hence they want to put PMP after their names.
The point is not to advertise PMP qualification, but it is acknowledged by the professional team and other leaders with your work. Your efforts and hard work portray PMP certification status and show you have excellent project management skills.
Leave a Reply